Learn why value stocks will protect your money for retirement. Roger Montgomery, Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Montgomery Investment Management, talks about how to avoid overpriced stocks to guard your nest egg.
Roger Montgomery has been writing about overpriced since the beginning of this year.
Do it yourself, DIY, investors will have been watching the waning of the long bull market with concern. Is this the end of the anything goes up boom? Now is the time to learn why value stocks will protect your money for retirement.
In the Whitepaper on ‘How to Profit from Market Myths’ Roger challenges the investing in consumable goods companies will somehow recession proof your portfolio. When “revenue lines are under pressure from changing consumer preferences” where do we turn?
Roger states his case to use a high-quality active manager to earn that higher share of the total return.
“In a world of aging populations, rising interest rates and the late stages of one of the longest bull markets in equities on record, it will likely be the case that future average equity returns will not be as high as they have been over recent decades. And in a lowerreturning average equity environment, the implication is that stock-specific alpha that is generated by a high-quality active manager will be a higher share of the total return (i.e. relatively more valuable to one’s overall portfolio)”
Listen as Ann Nelson chats with Roger Montgomery about overpriced stocks and the state of the market.
- 3:25 Introduction to Roger Montgomery
- 4:00 Value.Able Podcast
- 6:00 Overpriced stocks
- 7:30 Shares now fallen 40%
- 9:10 2 things are important:- quality and value
- 11:00 Conditions become difficult for furniture retailers when property slumps
- 13:10 Blog posts discuss market conditions and will answer question posted there
- 14:50 Retail businesses under pressure
- 16:40 What’s a reasonable price to pay?
- 18:00 The share price is a reflection of enthusiasm for the company not the company’s value
- 20:30 Montyinvest.com has $1.5 Billion under management
- 23:00 Mogl – buy units directly
To connect with Roger online
Have you listened to the last episode of Retire Well Retire Happy Podcast?