“How to get paid to travel and see the world”, is a question that many want answered.
Merrian Styles has 30 years experience of working around the world, in professions ranging from a managing director, marketing consultant to a change facilitator. Merrian knows what it takes to run a company and this has taken her to work in many exotic locations.
Starting from a young age with her now ex-husband, they worked predominately with most of the large Oil & Gas companies. This took them from Malaysia, to Cairo, Paris and Western Australia. Travel is a great teacher and how to get paid to travel is a bonus.
Merrian has re-invented herself in her 50’s and is using her work travel experience to pen a book, ‘Taking Off How to be paid to Travel’, interviewing, some of the most successful people in the world that combine work and travel.
Taking Off, How To Be Paid To Travel covers:
- What it takes to be paid to travel
- Strategies from the Greats, how they did it, how I did it, and how you can too
- The essential keys to successful living and working overseas
- How intuition, insight, and self-evaluation contribute to your success
- How to feel on top of the world regardless of where you are living
- The critical top 10 tips for your safety and survival while travelling abroad
- The everlasting benefits and rewards of taking that leap into the unknown
Merrian believes you have to be brave when looking at working overseas. Merrian says ‘You’ll never know what you can and can’t do, ..you need to take a few risks and chances.” Obviously, you will need to be ok with the idea of staying away from the loved ones as well.
Despite the challenges about combining work and travel because you can easily miss important things in the life of the people you care about while working. Because of that, it can be a true challenge to stay away from home for many years.
In fact, that’s what really makes the experience special and unique, the opportunity to make new friends all around the world. The more often you visit those countries the more you will feel at home in each one.
To catch Merrian online
Have you listened to the last episode of Retire Well Retire Happy Podcast?